This month’s Smoky Mountain Wheelmen gathering will take place on Monday March 18th at Cedar Bluff Cycles with social time beginning at 6:30 with an educational presentation beginning after 7
This month’s Smoky Mountain Wheelmen gathering will take place on Monday March 18th at Cedar Bluff Cycles with social time beginning at 6:30 with an educational presentation beginning after 7 pm when the shop closes. Join us and invite a friend to attend, club membership is not required.
Since bikes and accessories are a major investment, this month’s topic, presented by Gerry Harms co-owner of the shop, will address what to consider when purchasing a new or used bicycle.
1. What kind of riding do I want to do and where can I ride?
2. Do I want a road bike, a mountain bike, a greenway bike, a gravel bike, or a pedal assist electronic bike?
3. What are the differences and how does each address my specific cycling desires?
4. Considerations regarding rim vs. disc brakes?
5. How important is bike fit?
6. What are my options to transport the bike to the gathering point for a ride?
7. What kind of support should I expect from a shop after a purchase?
Time and weather permitting, you participants are invited to take a ride on various types of bicycles covered.
The club will provide pizza, (donations appreciated). Please bring your beverage of choice.
Cedar Bluff Cycles, 9282 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, has been serving the local community ever since since 1998.
(Monday) 6:30 pm EST
Cedar Bluff Cycles
9282 Kingston Pike
Smoky Mountain Wheelman Bike ClubTrackbike@yahoo.com